Venture Laboratories offers a complete microbiology service laboratory for the food and dietary supplement industry. Food quality is a concern for everyone and Venture Labs provides accurate, precise and timely testing to service the food industry. Time is money and we are fully aware of this critical detail. Venture Laboratories will coordinate with you to find the best option for testing your product. Our attention to detail and validated rapid methods explain why many major national producers trust their pathogen testing to Venture Laboratories.
We also have extensive experience in dietary supplement testing for microbiological quality including testing probiotics.
Venture Labs offers standard testing packages as well as individual assays including pathogen and microbial load of foods, nutraceutical preparations, animal feed, nonpotable water or the microbial ecology of anaerobic environments.
Venture Labs Assay Services Provided:
- Coliforms and E. coli (FDA/BAM and USP)
- Pseudomonas (FDA/BAM)
- Total Aerobic Bacteria (FDA/BAM and USP)
- Total Anaerobic Bacteria (Anaerobic Bacteriology Manual or Compendium of Methods in Foods)
- Total Lactic Acid Bacteria (Compendium of Methods, LAB in Foods)
- Actinomycetes (Standard Methods)
- Yeasts and molds (USP and FDA/BAM)
Pathogen and Toxin Testing
- Bacillus diarrhoeal enterotoxin
- Campylobacter sp.
- E. coli O157:H7
- Listeria sp.
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Pseudomonas sp.
- Salmonella sp.
- Shiga Toxigenic E. coli (STEC)
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcal enterotoxins
Probiotic Analysis (various methods – please inquire)
- Total Lactic acid bacteria
- Total Lactobacilli
- Total Streptococci
- Total Bifidobacteria
- Total Bacillus sp.
- Total Yeast
- Microbe Identification
- Ammonium oxidizing bacteria (MPN Methods of Soil Analysis)
- Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter (MPN Methods of Soil Analysis)
- Bacillus (FDA/BAM)
- Clostridium perfringens (FDA/BAM)
- Enterococci (Compendium of Methods in Foods)
- E. coli O157:H7 (FDA/BAM)
- Lactobacilli (J. Bacteriol.)
- Lactobacillus (Compendium of Methods in Foods)
- Listeria monocytogenes (FDA/BAM)
- Salmonella (FDA/BAM and USP)
- Staphylococcus aureus (FDA/BAM and USP)
- Yeasts (FDA/BAM and USP)
- Molds (FDA/BAM USP)
- Mycotoxin Testing (AOAC, ELISA, TLC, HPLC)